The Pony Club have both a Mini Achievers and an Achievers badge for Carriage Driving
Pony club members will be required to do the following:-
…to gain their Mini Achievers badge: –
- Name 5 or 6 pieces of harness: Breast harness / Pad, crupper and breeching / Traces / Reins / Blinkers
- Name or recognise different vehicles and parts of the vehicle: Swingletree / Shafts / Wheels /Seat / 2 wheelers / 4 wheelers.
… to gain their Achievers Badge ;
- Be able to put a pony to with adult help.
- To be able to put all the harness on in the right order and put a single to a 2 wheel vehicle.
- To be able to drive off at the walk and halt with adult supervision.
- Unharness afterwards.
Young people should please contact their local Pony Club branch about these badges & be sure to mention the British Driving Society as suitable training providers .